Created in 1964, the African developing Bank (AfDB) could be the premier pan-African development
Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Book date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty place: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION:
Organization, marketing financial development and social progress over the continent. You will find 81 user states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the economic and tech support team for transformative jobs which will somewhat reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable financial development. To be able to sharply concentrate the objectives associated with the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and make certain greater developmental effect, five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our delivery for Africa, have already been identified for scaling up, specifically illuminate and energy Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and enhance the standard of living for anyone of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic way to the African developing Bank Group. It really is made up of Executive Directors who’re representatives regarding the African developing Bank user nations. Especially the Board accounts for the conduct regarding the basic operations of this Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the overall framework regarding the Bank’s solutions; (2) approve the financing policy and just just take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity opportunities and investment loans by the financial institution; (3) determine the interest rates of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations program and budget that is administrative (5) prepare the task associated with Board of Governors; and (6) submit reports and yearly reports, plus the administrative spending plans for the approval associated with Board of Governors. The Board does its function with a few permanent Committees that discuss and review policy and system documents and also make appropriate suggestions towards the entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation product (BCRM); Secretariat towards the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective associated with African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) would be to improve the development effectiveness for the Bank with its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and services and products, and engagement that is proactive assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV would be to conduct evaluation that is independent, offer appropriate lessons, develop and harmonize requirements and techniques, help assessment ability development along with partner agencies and attest into the credibility of both procedures additionally the results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation activities. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and multilateral development agencies’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint assessment of co-financed tasks and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions concentrate on undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the data Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, accounts for knowledge management, dissemination and activities that are outreach IDEV payday loans Georgia evaluations, as well as giving support to the growth of assessment capabilities both in the lender plus in its Regional Member nations.
The primary goal for the Knowledge Management Officer place would be to offer support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders for the assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting knowledge that is evaluative methods which are ideal for fulfilling different knowledge requirements.
Duties and obligations
Underneath the direction and guidance regarding the Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely because of the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and assessment teams from the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement techniques;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and groups for the assessment procedure to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of knowledge in many ways which are attentive to consumers’ needs;
- Identify appropriate types of assessment knowledge as well as other extract and information, compile, analyse and provide this for usage in the planning of assessment reports, presentations, along with other knowledge and interaction items;
- Help assessment, knowledge administration and dissemination tasks (such as for example meetings, missions, occasions) carried out by expert staff and/or professionals and participates in these tasks as required;
- Identify and contact interior and sources which can be external other stakeholders to get needed information;
- Consolidate, categorize and keep maintaining history information and documents on appropriate problems, developing associated databases and information systems and upgrading them appropriately;
- Make sure that a precise audit path is maintained of all of the stakeholder engagement and that all associates and activities are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the least a Master’s level (or comparable) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy review, or associated field.
- No less than four (4) years’ experience working in development companies.
- Comprehension of assessment processes
- Power to recover, package and information that is present to your needs regarding the client/audience
- Capacity to communicate effortlessly orally plus in composing
- Experience or knowledge employed in knowledge administration or interaction
- Experience with participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Experience with outreach tasks.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Awareness of information.
- Demonstrable capability to work collaboratively as a specialist, strong team player by having a respect for other people additionally the ethical needs associated with the work.
- Capacity to communicate efficiently (written and dental) in English or French, ideally by having a knowledge that is working of other. Proficiency in both English and French could be desirable.
- Competence within the usage of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power Point); familiarity with integrated document management system and/or online communication networks can be an advantage that is added.